Friday, 6 February 2009

My first Tai Chi class







Well last night I went to my first ever Tai Chi class run specially for those of us with Diabetes. Some one told it was very laid back and not too tough on you. Well I beg to differ on that comment as I found muscles that I didn't know that I had just even with the gentle exercises that Steve took us through for our first night but having said that I think that I am going to enjoy it and already today feel pretty good inside. As I said in another post it is a 9 week course so by Easter I should feel a completely different kind of person.



I also went to my doctor for a six weekly Diabetic check up, found out my blood pressure was in the normal range and he is more than happy with the way my sugar levels are getting back to normal. he asked me what I put this down to and I told him that since New Year I had changed my eating plan and eating more healthy foods that are good for us Diabetics and again he told me to keep this up. I have to go back to him towards the end of March. So all up I feel pretty good about my health just now.



Yesterday afternoon I spent the time de-cluttering some of my craft room again particularly on the table where I have my small plastic storage drawers. Got rid of stuff that I haven't used in over a year and sorted out my Prima flowers and put into my new 12 drawer plastic storage set.



I managed to make to more birthday cards too, well another couple of them, I am on a roll using the Criss cross technique just now so this lemon one that I include with this show and tell is done like that plus I used my favourite Hero Arts cupcake birthday stamp for the insert this time, the other card I did is what I call the reverse gate-fold card, a very easy kind of fold to make and on the panel I cuttlebugged that using my favourite Swiss Dots folder, some scrap brown designed designer paper and of course the Hero Arts birthday cupcake stamp.



I do hope that you will take a peek with these.

No comments: